Quick and Easy Passport Photos
Do you know where to get passport photos? The United States State Department defines a passport as an internationally recognized travel document that verifies the identity and nationality of the bearer. A valid U.S. passport is required to enter and leave most foreign countries. Only the U.S. Department of State has the authority to grant, issue or verify United States passports.
AIM Office Solutions can help you get your passport, including taking the photos and providing other information including forms for renewal or first-time.
Size of photo for US Passport:
- 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm)
- Head must be between 1 -1 3/8 inches (25 – 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
- View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.
- Recent, taken in the last 6 months to reflect current appearance
- Matte or glossy photo quality paper
- Plain white or off-white background
- Head must face the camera directly with full face in view
- Taken with a neutral facial expression or a natural smile, with both eyes open
- In color
- Taken in clothing normally worn on a daily basis
- No glasses (If you cannot remove your glasses for medical reasons, please include a signed note from your doctor with application).
- No hats or head coverings (Unless worn daily for religious purposes. Full face must be visible and head covering cannot cast shadows on face).
- No headphones or wireless hands-free devices.
Who needs a passport?
Everyone, including infants, who will be traveling outside the United States and wants to return needs a passport.
Can I mail in my passport photos taken at AIM Office Solutions along with my application?
Yes, but only if it is for a renewal of an existing, current and valid passport. If you meet the following criteria, you can mail in your application:
- Your most recent passport is available to submit and it is not damaged;
- You received the passport within the last 15 years;
- You were over 16 when it was issued;
- You still have the same name, or you can legally document your name change.
If you do not meet the criteria listed above for a renewal through the mail, you will need to bring your application in person to an acceptance facility. Examples of situations in which you will need to bring your application in person:
- If you’re applying for a passport for the first time;
- If your expired U.S. passport is not in your possession;
- If your previous U.S. passport has expired and was issued more than 15 years ago;
- If your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under 16;
- If your currently valid U.S. passport had been lost or stolen.
Many federal and state courts, post offices, public libraries, and a number of county and city offices are able to process your passport application.
At AIM Office Solutions, we take professional US passport photos, accepted by passport processing agencies. And if you have an emergency and need a passport right now, AIM Office Solutions can help you get an emergency passport in as little as 24 hours!
Most stores accept walk-in’s, so no appointment is needed, but call the phone number at the top of the screen for your passport photo needs.
Getting a duplicate key made is another convenience offered at AIM Office Solutions beside the shipping, faxing, greeting cards and postage stamps.
Have any Questions?